Re: Install problem

On 9/27/07, Christiaan Rutgers <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris,

Is there a operating system which doesn't have this problem and is tested?

At this point, I don't believe it is a problem with your OS.   CentOS is very similar to Fedora (which I use).

Are you using mod_perl for anything else?  If not, try removing it.  Same with Apache-perl.  If you need these, I will see if I can find something in the docs to help you configure Apache properly.

The basic issue is:  We don't yet support mod_perl.  Mod_perl does a lot of code caching and the codebase we inherited has a *lot* of variable scope issues.  I think the new framework should be close to mod_perl ready, but it will be some time before we have everything working on it.  Instead, LedgerSMB *must* run as a CGI application for now.

I believe that is your problem-- that Apache is running this in process via mod_perl or the like instead of out of process.

VBR,

Chris