Re: conflict ? password authentication failed for user "postgres"

It work without it.
And the default in pg_hba.conf is:
         local   all         all                               trust
         # IPv4 local connections:
         host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32        trust

The problem is I don't know why, I was restarting posgres every time I
made a change to this file.

Not it will be time to experiment, after I sort out the installation
instruction.

Thanks to everybody to replied.

--
#Joseph

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 18:10 -0700, Chris Travers wrote