Re: new installation help

I'm almost there :-/ but I have two problems.

1.)
I went through most of the steps but when I try to login from Firefox:
http://localhost/ledgersmb/admin.pl  firefox wants to download the
amdin.pl script.
The ownership of all the files in /ledgersmb/ is apache:apache
rwxr-xr-x 1 apache apache  2993 Jul 14 12:44 admin.p

I have in httpd.conf.
  Include /etc/apache2/ledgersmb-httpd.conf

In: ledgersmb-httpd.conf

Alias /ledgersmb /usr/local/ledgersmb

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb>
  AllowOverride All
  AddHandler cgi-script .pl
  Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
  Order Allow,Deny
  Allow from All
  <Files ~ "\.conf$">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from All
  </Files>
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb/users>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb/bin>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb/utils>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb/spool>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

What am I missing here, sql-ledger is running OK,

2.)
I can not run "Build.PL" my perl is build without "-build" flag.
When I tried to rebuild it including "build" I got some dependency
problem; I don't know what Gentoo portage is using these blocking
scripts for so I don't want to remove them.

emerge -p dev-lang/perl

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-lang/perl-5.8.8-r2  USE="build*"
[blocks B     ] perl-core/Test-Harness (is blocking
dev-lang/perl-5.8.8-r2)
[blocks B     ] perl-core/PodParser (is blocking dev-lang/perl-5.8.8-r2)
[blocks B     ] dev-perl/Locale-gettext (is blocking
dev-lang/perl-5.8.8-r2)

Is there a way I could use other modules to run this script?

3.)
These installation instruction should improve if we want to attract more
use base.
My teacher was always was telling us that programmers should never write
manuals :-) and I aways agree with him on it 100%.
I'll write a short installation instruction for Gentoo installation in
html (for your review and you folks will decide what to improve and or
add) similar like we have on Gentoo web-page where comments are
separated from the command lines so user will clearly know what they
suppose to type; basically they just copy and paste.

--
#Joseph