Re: Fixing incorrect inventory

On 9/9/07, Robert Fraser <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

I need to tidy up a SQL Ledger 1.1.12 instance where we are about to start using the inventory properly.  Over the years - SQL ledger then LedgerSMB - they didn't use the inventory and it is a bit of a mess (lots of negative inventory on various parts).

What is the best way of getting everything back to zero?

The invoices are important for things like COGS calculation.  If these are negative, COGS is likely off as well.

Is it the "opposite" of adding initial inventory, ie make an AP invoice with zero prices for the affected parts, and cancel out the quantities?

If you do this, adjust your  inventory and COGS accounts as well.  Otherwise do an AP invoice at the cost of each item.