Re: Notes on 1.2.7

Hi;

I appologize for the delay :-)

On 8/26/07, David Tangye <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Chris,

A few thoughts and queries now that I have lsmb up and running, with accounts converted from sl.

1. I wrote a script to convert sl datasets: via dump, drop dataset, recreate and run the sl 2.6.12 to  2.6.19 upgrade sql scripts. I hacked the start of the first one out. ('CREATE TABLE session'... is not needed, as this table is already in the security dataset.) My script assumes apache2 is setup standard, at least for ubuntu ie it assumes that we leave ledgersmb-httpd.conf in the software directory and point to it via 'Include (swDir)/ledgersmb-httpd.conf' in file /etc/apache2/conf.d/ledgersmb. From this include it can find the upgrade scripts. It has a lot of tests and exits to keep it safe. Let me know if you want to check it out. It started out based on sl2ls.sh.

Sure.  Would be glad to check it out.

2. Everything is running fine so far. Nice to see the link to load the manual.

3. I see no buttons in the admin facility to upgrade and drop datasets. Have I broken something already :-), or is this removed.

These have been removed :-)

4. All my accounts datasets plus the ledgersmb security dataset are now set for utf8 (as were my sl datasets). Do you expect any problem there?

No.  THis is the preferred configuration.  We support UTF pretty well in 1.2.7.