Re: First time install gone awry - WinXP

On 8/21/07, Rob Linton <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello,

I've been using SQL-Ledger (2.4.11) and thought I might try LedgerSMB in
conjunction with upgrading my hardware.

I'm running:
WinXP service pack 2
ActiveState Perl 5.8.8.822
Apache 2.2.4
PostgreSQL 8.2.4-1

I have absolutely no idea if ActivePerl works with LedgerSMB.

If you install the PostgreSQL header files, you can get Vanilla Perl to work pretty much the same way you would with Perl on Linux:

cpan Module::Install
perl Makefile
dmake

DO NOT do dmake install.  This is not supported yet.  If you do, things will work now but break later.

You may want to adjust your PATH in the system control panel/environment variables to include the c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\bin before you do the above steps so that the DBD::Pg build routine can find the appropriate configuration options for PostgreSQL.