Re: automatic statements

On 7/24/07, ..hidden.. <..hidden.. > wrote:
Just a thought ...

I have spent the last few days setting up a test system for LS and
exploring the possibilities. Certainly looks good!

One thing I would find indispensable, but isn't mentioned in the
roadmap, is scheduled activities. For example, I would like to
automatically email statements every month on the anniversary of an
account being opened. Another example, emailing the sales person
mid-month with the sales orders for their accounts.

This will get substantially easier after we get the financial logic moved to the new framework.

Perusing the docs it would seem possible to do this using a script and a
cron job. Doing it in a similar way to the Reports via the web interface
would be more convenient.

Our roadmap functions as a minimum for what we can try to release.   I would recommend filing a feature request on Sourceforge so that we don't forget about the request.