Re: Installation on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server

Hi, Chris,

Thanks so much for the quick response.

On 7/23/07, Chris Travers <..hidden.. > wrote:

I will leave distro-specific notes for others who are more familiar with that distro.  If you can provide specific questions about what in the INSTALL file is not working for you, that woudl be helpul as well.

I'll compile my comments as I go through the process, but here are a few that I've found so far on 1.2.7:

1) I'm following the prerequisites in dists/deb/required_debs.txt and:

* libconfig_any_perl is not currently in my repositories
* on Ubuntu 6.06LTS, liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl is a few versions older

Maybe it might be better to list down all the prerequisites, including apache2, postgresql-8.1, etc.

2) Step 7, configure_apache.sh, generates a ledgersmb.httpd.conf file but there's no clear directions as to where this should go.  I replaced my httpd.conf with this and it worked, but this should be more explicit, I think.

3) I'm still getting my head around the database instructions.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to create a script of all this to automate the installation.

Debian packages for 1.2.7 are forthcoming.

Cool! Any timetable for the above?

By the way, I did find a site which listed instructions for Ubuntu 6.06LTS.  It doesn't completely jive with the INSTALL file, though.  Anyway, it does concern an earlier version so it's understandable.  Install LedgerSMB on Ubuntu Dapper [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums