Make existing paid invoice recurring

Hi everyone,
I am trying to get better organized.
I have taken all my monthly recurring customers and made the invoices recurring when I wrote the next (monthly) invoice. I have some yearly recurring invoices and I am wondering if I can just schedule the (already paid) invoice that has occurred, rather than writing a new invoice in the future or waiting for the next period to be over and schedule it in the same way I did the monthly invoices. Are there any inner workings that are going to get hosed if I try this (after a backup, obviously).
LedgerSMB 1.1.12 is the version.
Thanks, and thanks to everyone for their hard work on this project.
Paul