Re: latex foldmarks

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 14:06 +0100, Stroller wrote:
> On 1 Jun 2007, at 21:27, Paul Wrightson wrote:
> > Has anyone fitted their latex templates with "fold marks"?

> The best place for LaTeX help is comp.text.tex. I think that - due to
> the way LaTeX parses documents and flows them to accomodate
> typography - doing this may be non-obvious (but perhaps not too hard
> with the right package).

You should be able to do this with the textpos package described at
http://nxg.me.uk/dist/textpos/

The whole point of this package is to be able to typeset elements at
absolute positions on a page.  You should be able to use \rule commands
to draw lines, in absolute-positioned locations using textpos.

If you can send me a LaTeX file and tell me where you'd like the fold
marks to be, I can have a go at modifying the file to use textpos this
way.  Then modifying the source template should be reasonably
straightforward ...

Cheers,

bn