Re: Using Latex to create PDFs

Sorry about the Top Posting.

I normally only bottom post my reply if there is a specific item that I
am replying to; in that case I would format my reply as you have
requested. In this case I had only included the historical postings,
merely as a reference.

Stroller wrote:
 Ok. So what's the problem? Isn't the email button showing up? Don't
 you get PDFs when you email the invoices to yourself?

Correct.

I have no idea of how to implement it or how it would manifest itself.
There is certainly no Email button anywhere.

 Your one-line posts aren't helping me help you.

Sorry.

 Did you ensure that your ledgersmb.conf reads as I showed above?

Yes. However, at this point I should come clean. I am still using
SQL-Ledger on this particular machine. I have been participating in the
LedgerSMB list since it's inception and I am pretty sure I would not
have received any help from the SQL-Ledger List. Moreover, I am running
Ledger-SMB on my Laptop (with Colinux on top of Windows XP), but that
installation definitely doesn't have Latex installed.

But, Yes, I get the following result from running the 'grep' you
suggested (suitably modified).

================ snip=====================
bayserver:~# grep -i latex /opt/sql-ledger/sql-ledger.conf
use vars qw($userspath $spool $memberfile $templates $sendmail $language
$sid $latex %printer $gzip);
# if you have latex installed set to 1
$latex = 1;
# if the server can't find gzip, latex, dvips or pdflatex, add the path
================ snip=====================

 You can test to see if LaTeX is installed & working properly by
 grabbing a random .tex file off the next (Google has lots of
 examples: <http://www.google.com/search?as_qdr=all&q=filetype%3Atex>)
 and running `latex filename.tex && dvipdf filename.dvi`.

Running the commandline as you suggested gives me the following output:
================ snip=====================
bayserver:# latex /opt/sql-ledger/mn2esample.tex && dvipdf
/opt/sql-ledger/mn2esample.dvi
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(/opt/sql-ledger/mn2esample.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, b
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch,
esperanto, e
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar,
norsk, polis
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish,
swedish, tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.

! LaTeX Error: File `mn2e.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)

Enter file name:

 Stroller.

Thank you for your assistance.

--