Tax Account Not Credited for Invoice Post

I'm trying to figure out where to look to start tracking down the following
issue, and wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to look.  Also, is
there an easy way to turn on debugging in the code?

Issue is that with a tax account that has been added to the system, when
trying to post an invoice for a customer that is supposed to have their taxes
done using my added tax account, with a service that also has this tax ID.
Sample chart of accounts with failing tax account on 1.2.4 attached.

I'm trying to find the code that is doing the tax account posting when posting
an invoice.  I think I see it in IS.pm, but am having a hard time sorting out
how to check what variables it has exactly.

Idears appreciated.

Thanks,
Leah
--
Leah Kubik : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada