Re: Permission error updating chart of accounts

On Friday 04 May 2007 22:12, Leah Kubik wrote:
> So I failed to copy my last reply to the list, but I did check and the user
> is loggin in as ledgersmb.  I have tried creating a new database using this
> one as a template as the ledgersmb user, but I get the same errors with the
> new db.  Doe anyone have an idea of how I can migrate this database data
> into a clean DB that doesn't have this permission error, or where to look?

Ok, I finally fixed it (I think).  For the list, here's what I did...

Created a new database owned by ledgersmb using the Pg-central.sql

Dumped my accounts database without ownership details:

pg_dump --no-owner frauerpower-accounts > `date -I`-frauerpower-accounts.sql

Imported that into the new database:

psql -U ledgersmb fp-accounts < 2007-05-04-frauerpower-accounts.sql

And that seemed to work.  The key was doing the dump with no ownership, for
me, somewhere in there I must have had a funny grant.  This way everyone
inherited ownership properly from the owner of the new fp-accounts DB
(ledgersmb).

Leah
--
Leah Kubik : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada