Re: Something that seems to have been missed in the discussion..

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:44:53PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
> I should add that I have had very excellent one-to-one, hands-on and
> real-time support from Chris Travers on IRC. He was able to answer my
> questions at each step of the migration process and as problems arose
> - when we had finished he (initially) rejected my offers to pay for
> his time. I find this to be in stark contrast to the SL mailing list
> where I would often receive no reply to a question that seemed surely
> very easy to answer.

I don't think anyone here is trying to be critical of anyone.  It's
simply discussion and observation.  I, for one, am less concerned
about security issues because (1) I'm a one-person shop and (2) the
machine is isolated and not easily accessible from the Internet (and
if the machine is hacked, I've got bigger worries than a SQL-injection
attack!).  So while I would rather see a more well-defined upgrade
path over immediate security fixes, I also realize that others have
different priorities.

If anything, discussion like this gives OSS developers a gauge by which
to judge future directions.

I might just try Chris' recommended sequential upgrade path (I tried
to skip directly to 1.2), and will try to keep detailed notes to share
with others.

  --Brian