Re: restore database errors

Can the new server access the old server? If so, you should use pg_dump from 8.2.3 to dump the file instead (I think that's possible). Doing so means that the dump will be output in a format that can be read correctly by psql 8.2.3 on import.

I'm not a windows user but format of the command should be pretty similar from the command-line:

pg_dump -h IP_OF_OLD_SERVER -U ADMINUSERNAME DB_NAME > dumpfile.txt

to pull the file back in:

psql ADMINUSERNAME postgres -f dumpfile.txt

I'm not familiar enough with pgadminIII to advise you on how to approach this from within that GUI interface.

Charley

RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
hmm no one on this list able to help?? where should i be posting these questions as stated on your website i was expecting some friendly support ----- Original Message ----- From: RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN <..hidden..> To: ..hidden.. Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:26:44 PM GMT-0700 Subject: [Ledger-smb-users] restore database errors

yes i am running pg-dump on window i do not really like dealing with databases so i am using pgadminIII a gui connected to my databases make life much easier sorry i sent incomplete text attachment last time my attachment keeps getting bounced so i have attached a zip file with the extension txt I get lots of errors when i try to restore my database for sql-ledger to the shiny new smbledger I have attached them hope this list allows attachment. the dump goes fine but the restore seem very bad here are the versions involed old server sql-ledger-2.6.25 postgresql-server-7.4.13_1 new server ledgersmb 1.2.3 postgresql-server-8.2.3

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/