Re: install problems

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:11:44PM -0400, 3worldimports wrote:
> On another note, it would be helpful if there was an install script
> that would check for the appropriate cpan modules. There are three
> different places that tell or provide modules: the download pre-reqs,
> the debian.readme, and running build test. In the readme, all modules
> are assumed to be available through normal repositories, but that is
> not the case at least for ubuntu, so some of those I had to download
> directly from cpan.

Actually, all the requisite modules, save two, are available through
Ubuntu.  The two that are not yet in Ubuntu are packaged in the pre-req
tarball.

For some versions of Ubuntu, such as 6.06, not all modules are of an
appropriate version; the single module in that condition that I
encountered in testing can be safely imported from 6.10 or 7.04.

--
Seneca
..hidden..