Error deleting account

I have just installed version 1.2.0 of ledger-smb on my FreeBSD box.
I'm running postgresql version 8.1.8.

As part of my initial configuration, I am trying to delete some
accounts I do not need.  However, the delete action is failing for
me.  I get the following error:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "WHERE" at
character
179
Error!

 UPDATE parts
 SET inventory_accno_id = (SELECT value::int
 FROM defaults
 WHERE setting_key =
 'inventory_accno_id')::
 WHERE inventory_accno_id = ?
ERROR: syntax error at or near "WHERE" at character 179

Is this a known problem?  Is is operator error on my part?  I did notice
the COMPATIBILITY file said not to use postgresql 8.1.7.  Is 8.1.8 another
version to avoid?

Thanks,
mike