CCA / Depreciation of Capital Assets ?

I tried to send a question about this before, but I am not sure if it went
through correctly.  Anyhow, I'm doing my taxes and I'm trying to figure out
what is the best way to track in the Ledger-SMB Capital Assets on which I
claim CCA allowances yearly for.

That is, you can write off, say, 40% of the costs of a computer as a business
cost on your taxes, each year.  So the value of that asset, you have to
assume, is reduced by 40%.  I am trying to sort out what is the best way to
do this in the accounting system so that I know the next year what part of
the assets have been depriciated, what is still left, etc.  Has anyone come
up with a nice way to handle this?

CCA is the specific term used for Canadian Capital Cost Allowance deductions:

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/taxinfo/g/capcostallow.htm

Thanks,
Leah
--
Leah Kubik : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada