Re: 1.2.0-rc5 problem with cash receipt

Default to current_date.

Charley

Chris Travers wrote:
I will get this error fixed today.  What is the desired behavior for a
missing date?  Error?  default to current_date?  What do people think?

On 3/27/07, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
Peter Houppermans wrote:
Hmm,
I am getting an error with recording a payment (1.2.0RC5, Postgres
8.1.8):

*DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type
date: ""
*Error!

Well what it is telling you is, the date you supplied for the payment
is missing :). I don't actully recall if we supply that date or it if
is supposed to be user supplied.

Would be nice if it had a slightly more friendly user decodable error
message - this would scare office staff into calling helpdesks..
Sure :), we accept patches.

But seriously, you are correct we need to be catching errors but we are
currently focusing on a whole slough of other issues right now.

Joshua D. Drake

/// P ///

              http://www.commandprompt.com/