Re: Is "Delete dataset" functionality useful?

On 3/21/07, david <..hidden..> wrote:
That sounds fair... In which case all that's needed is a clear
indication that is what to do. Documentation is king ;-)

I wonder if it's worth thinking about in-line help especially in
administrative functions. From my recollection, there is a lot of blank
real estate on some of those admin pages that could be usefully filled
with static tips. Just a thought - not specific to this issue.

Agreed.  THat is something we are looking at closely.  There are two
issues to bear in mind that argue against it (and being user-support
for 1.2 and real solution to 1.3).

1)  We are way past a string freeze.  THis isn't a huge issue given
the state of many of the translations, but....
2)  We are also planning on getting rid of admin.pl for 1.3.  The
database management interface will be separate, and the user
management will be integrated into the main app.

I am not saying that this is what we need to do.  Just that this is
why we have been directing our attention towards other things for 1.2.

It might seem obvious if you understand the internals of the system, but
I would probably be very nervous about dropping a db at the command line
if I wasn't sure of the implications.

This will be documented in the release notes, readme, and manual.