Re: Is "Delete dataset" functionality useful?

On 3/21/07, Matt Jackson <..hidden..> wrote:
Does that wipe the slate clean in other words?

No, drops the database.

I don't know about anyone else, but deleting subsets of the data, like
"delete all products" or "delete all vendor invoices" would be sweet. Allow
you to start over if need be, without deleting products.

What might actually be better might be an ability to export all of a
certain sort of data, allowing you to transfer products, invoices,
etc, to a new database without losing financial information.  Submit a
feature request if this sounds useful. :-)

Also some method of easy export. I am planning on wiping out my system to
install Ubuntu Feisty Fawn when it's released next month (I've buggered my
system up with crap so well that I almost need to do this), and would like
to do a quick export and re-import when it's re-installed. Is that in the
works?

pg_dump... psql...