Re: A Beginners Viewpoint

Hi Paul;

On 3/19/07, Paul <..hidden..> wrote:
Thank you all for a wonderful application.

If everything crashes tomorrow you will have saved the company I am
doing some work for £2700 and saved me (estimated) 20 hours work.

Glad to hear.

If this was written in php/mysql you would have obtained a
bugfinder/minor developer as opposed to a fan.

Unfortunately, MySQL is not an option.  We want to make absolutely
sure that we have data integrity (which is not possible to the same
extent on MySQL).  In the future, it may be possible for people to
write PHP-based implementations easily, however, as we move more data
logic into the database.

The reason ledger-smb is soooo much better than SQL-Ledger is the
availability of the manual while you are testing (and/or fire fighting).

Glad to know that is helpful.

The manual and/or the wiki really needs some specifics. I have a project
numbered 1 when it could so easily have been flamingos conf 1.

Your point is well taken and I am sure we will be looking at how to
address this.  We are way past string freeze though.

I have supplier numbers that I hope I don't muck up.

Vendor numbers can be alphanumeric.  If you have further questions, ask away :-)

I know that translation stuff causes problems which is why number is
used rather than for example code but on the web page design would it
not be possible for the description to list whether it wanted number/
alpha numeric or a choice of the 2 and what the default would be.

I think we should look into this.  File a feature request on our
Sourceforge page :-)

Maybe I should spend some time adding responses to the mailing list to
the wiki?

Sure :-)  That would be greatly appreciated.  Also, advocacy is
greatly appreciated in the wider world.

Whatever, thank you for your application, your manual (++good), your
mailing list archives and youer time and dedication.

Thanks for your participation and welcome to the community :-)