Re: Time cards and multiple currencies

I am looking into this.   Thanks.

On 3/17/07, Steve Jacobs <..hidden..> wrote:

On 16/03/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi Steve:
>
> 2 questions:
> 1)  Which version are you using (not that it matters)

1.1.7 - though I've tried to upgrade to the latest 1. release - I can't seem
to work out a procedure that works for me to upgrade in my environment that
doesn't break something

> 2)  The currency is saved in the customer, right?

Yes - Northern Ireland customers are designated GBP. I can't see any
mechanism that allows me to enter the exchange rate before I start the
'generate sales orders' process. If I am selling goods, there is a field
that allows this, but not with the process of creating a sales order from
time cards.

> We can go ahead and put this on the feature/bug list.

For us this is quite urgent. We have gone a good  way down the road with
this customer, but  figuring out either a fix or a good useable workaround
is going to make or break this project.

> Best WIshes,
> Chris Travers
>
> On 3/16/07, Steve Jacobs < ..hidden..> wrote:
> > Hi
> > We have a client company who is using timecards feature i LedgerSMB.
They
> > need to be able to generate invoices in Euro and £GBP. The base currency
is
> > Euro, but customers are entered as either Euro customers or £GBP.
However
> > when I try to generate the sales orders from projects, it always
defaults to
> > Euro whether the customer is a Euro customer or a GBP customer. Can I
set up
> > ledger-smb to automatically generate invoices in GBP for UK customers?
> > Thanks in advance for any ideas
> >
> > --
> > Steve Jacobs

Steve Jacobs