Re: Entering purchase orders

On 3/9/07, Matt Jackson <..hidden..> wrote:
I am using Ledger-SMB at the moment to do my last-year inventory, with an
eye towards both generating a FIFO COGS report and also for going forward
and making my accounting life easier.

With this in mind, I am trying to enter some previous purchases my company
has made from suppliers.

I noticed these headings:
Item Number Description Qty Recd Unit OH Price % Extended

Does "Item" mean 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. on the purchase order?

It is used to order the numbers.  If you swap 2 and 3, they will
reorder themselves.

Is Number the item number I enter in the "Add Parts" section?

That is the partnumber, that is correct.

Does Qty = quantity ordered?
Yep

How do I use Recd? Once I have "received" the items, to verify they were
received?

If numbers are entered on any of these boxes, when you go to create an
invoice, only those parts/quantities will be moved over to the
invoice.  The purchase order will be closed and a  new one will be
opened with the remaining quantities.

What is Unit?
For example:  piece, lb, unit, 100 (if selling per 100), hr, day,
month, whatever.

What is OH?
On hand.  Displays the on-hand inventory.

What are the Price, % and Extended fields for?
price is the purchase price per unit
% is the percent discount
extended is the total price factoring in the discount.

HTH,
Chris

Best,
Matt