Re: Problems with first time install

Use the admin.pl to create the dataset.  If you want to use the same
db for user account and data storage, you should add plpgsql to that
dataset and then leave the superuser credentials blank.  This will
also set up a default chart of accounts.

Hope this helps,
Chris Travers

On 2/21/07, Gerald Chudyk <..hidden..> wrote:
On 2/19/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> This is LSMB 1.2, one of the betas.  It looks like you have yet to
> create, populate, and set up the central user account database.  You
> will need to create a database, load the sql/Pg-Central.sql, and then
> point to it in the ledger-smb.conf.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for this long post, but I am getting
desparate. I have created a web page at www.eko.ca/ledgersmb with a
more detailed explanation of the steps taken to get to my first
ledgersmb screen.

I can login as admin and I can see the screen to add users and create
a database. If I create a user I get an Internal Server Error message.
A review of the Apache error log shows the following:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "employee" does not exist
DBD::Pg::st fetchrow_array failed: no statement executing
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
DBD::Pg::st fetchrow_array failed: no statement executing
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
Can't call method "dberror" without a package or object reference at
LedgerSMB/Form.pm line 2854.
Compilation failed in require at /var/www/ledger-smb//admin.pl line 93.
[Tue Feb 20 07:51:35 2007] [error] [client 192.168.2.121] Premature
end of script headers: /var/www/ledger-smb//admin.pl
DBI connect('dbname=ledgersmb;host=localhost;port=5432','gc',...)
failed: FATAL:  role "gc" does not exist
 at LedgerSMB/User.pm line 299

When I return to the Add User screen I find the record has actually
been created.

I then tried to create a data set on the "LedgerSMB Accounting
Database Administration / Create Dataset" using as many defaults as I
can find I get the following error screen:

LedgerSMB/User.pm:377
FATAL:  database "test" does not exist

A check of the Apache log shows the following:

DBI connect('dbname=test;host=localhost;port=5432','ledgersmb',...)
failed: FATAL:  database "test" does not exist  at LedgerSMB/User.pm
line 373

If I try to enter the existing ledgersmb data set  instead of test, I get:

Error! No such file or directory

A check of the Apache log does not show any error message.

So...what little/big thing am I missing?

Regards to all,
Gerald.