Re: Product returns and issuing credits

Hi Charley;

In general you are correct, but it gets confusing and doesn't work
well with noncomparable items (such as if you have computers with
different costs and specs on the same part record).

At some point, we will probably provide the option of handling that
case but it isn't part of the current codebase.  Currently if you have
noncomparable items, you have to track them under different parts
records.

For warranty work, I usually simply make whatever records are required
and sell the part to the customer at a 100% discount.  This keeps the
cogs working properly.

If you buy it back, it will put it back in at last cost (which is
probably correct) and then sell the warranty part at last cost (which
is probably also technically correct).