Re: Example of depreciation transactions?

I think the idea is that it also makes it easier to track
depreiciation between years.

Remember that year-end will move the expenses and income to a retained
earnings account.

On 11/12/06, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

> It has been suggested to me by another core member that there is a
> better way to do this.

Aha.  That sounds spot on based on the way the default SL COA is setup.
Many thanks for documenting this - makes good sense now!

I have to think about it, but I guess the idea is to make the balance
sheet show both book value, depreciated value AND have the expense look
right.

Cheers

Ed W