Re: Installing LedgerSMB into a schema?

Just a quick note on this before I address your previous post.

Right now there seems to be some thought that moving LSMB into a
separate schema makes sense.  I am all for this idea.  However, I am
not sure it makes sense for multi-company setups to have companies as
schemas in part because it would prevent us from securely breaking the
reporting functionality into its own schema.

Also, in a case like that, it would prevent us from really leveraging
the use of schemas to create interop between products as you are
trying to do in a secure fashion.  Or at least it would make that a
great deal harder.

Just some thoughts.

On 11/6/06, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
>> The issue of combining sets of accounts via views/joins across
>> schemas/sets of accounts sounds interesting, but I wonder if this is
>> really of any use to 99% of users; vs the idea that a database is a
>> discretely secure container of each company/client's sets of accounts.
>>
> There is also a question of whether 99% of users will have
> multi-company setups...

I have the possibility of multi-company setups but I also have the means
to create as many dbs as I want/need.  Like I mentioned previously, not
all hosting solutions offer the flexibility that mine does.

Charley