[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Installing LedgerSMB into a schema?
- Subject: Re: Installing LedgerSMB into a schema?
- From: David Tangye <..hidden..>
- Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:38:04 +1000
On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 00:25 -0600, Charley Tiggs wrote:
> Is it possible to install LedgerSMB into a schema?
I am a bit confused by this question and the discussion of the past
LSMB IS in a schema surely: the 'public' schema.
I presume that the discussion is about having sets of accounts in:
- the public schema of separate databases/datasets as at present,
- separate schemas of one database, presumably named after the set of
accounts they contain.
... and either/both being made available, eg with reporting/stored
functions in just one schema no matter how many sets of accounts a user
I am sure Josh has a good idea of the ramifications of having to address
tables as [schema].[table].
The issue of combining sets of accounts via views/joins across
schemas/sets of accounts sounds interesting, but I wonder if this is
really of any use to 99% of users; vs the idea that a database is a
discretely secure container of each company/client's sets of accounts.