Re: Install difficulties

Hi;

Short version:
A few people have found that the current password structure seems to
have difficulty with some passwords.  The good news is that the
problem will be completely resolved in 1.2...

In the mean time, I suggest changing the PostgreSQL password.

Long version:
The SQL-Ledger codebase obfuscates the PostgreSQL password by running
it through pack and unpack.  We are not quite sure why but some
passwords that result in having embedded quotes in their packed
representation don't work.  Since this part of the application is
being re-engineered (and the obfuscation is being done away with), we
currently suggest using a different password, or for single user
systems (with the web server and db server running on the same box),
you can use trust authentication (not recommended for multi-user
installs or multi-application systems).

Hope this helps,
Chris Travers