Re: Departments vs. Businesses

Chris,

> To the line item.  Departments are tied to the transaction as a whole.
>
> This means you can do things like accept a pledge of $30 and apply $20
> to the Debian general fund and $10 to another Debian fund, but it is
> not easy to take $30 and apply $20 to the Debian General Fund and $10
> to the PostgreSQL General Fund...

Hmmm, that could be prohibitive, since I have to split every donation 95%
organization, 5% SPI overhead.  If we could find a way around that, I
could live with it.

The alternative would be to somehow add a heirarchy above Project, that is
to have "Project" and "Project Organization"

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun