Re: Departments vs. Businesses

Businesses are used to track discounts to classes of customers.  For
example a businesses might give 10% off to all wholesalers.  This is
not what you want.

Departments might work.  Projects might also work but they tend to be
tied to specific customers (though this is not actually a
requirement).

COA income/expense designations might also work, but that might be
more of a stretch.