LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-devel] Re: Porting into OpenBSD

On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 03:55:04PM +0200, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> Sounds like you're making good progress! If you want to prepare the release
> of 1.8, you could have a look at our changes in dependencies, which we're
> keeping in the Changelog:
> https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/blob/master/Changelog#L71-L85
>
> As you can see there, we dropped some dependencies for 1.8 (which is still
> under development); but we also introduced some new ones or upgraded
> existing ones.
>
> You could work on the dependencies for 1.7 first, as that would be a bigger
> motivation: it's software that is available *today*, after all.

OK, good to know. I'll look at the list. It's probably best to work on
both. I'm sure it will take awhile before 1.8 is ready.

I can possibly introduce both 1.7 and 1.8 flavors. Everything is in flux
until release is done, so that seems reasonable. 1.8 could be in the
tree for development, there is also an openbsd-wip in the git tree.
Possibly put 1.8 there.

Still healthy. Making a final trip north to get the rest of our stuff.
Lots of time to kill on the train, probably get some good work done.
75 hrs north and 70 hrs south coming back. Long trip, but the luggage
(un)limits are worth it!

Chris Bennett