Re: Inventory

Hi;

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Kaare Rasmussen <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

We'd like to conduct an inventory of our stock. I see two options,
Import and Enter inventory.

The first, importing inventory asks for some parameters I don't
understand. AR and AP accounts are dropdowns w/o any selectable options.
Checkboxes for onhand amount, delta, and single/multi dates.

And a file with a format I don't know. Is this explained somewhere?

It was intended to be entered by a portable data terminal and have the file determined by a programmer.  IIRC the default is partnumber-tab-quantity   I do not believe it has been used for a number of years by anyone I know of and pdts don't seem very common any more so this is probably functionality that should be removed.

The second, entering, starts with a source. What is that? Then I can
enter a parts number. Seems there is no search facility here(?) and then
the counted # of items. Then the mystery starts. This item has -2 in the
system. I enter 2 and presses Next. Then it's listed with -2 On Hand and
-4 Adjustment. If I press Save, I'm back to the first inventory page. No
error, warning, or acknowledgment. Did it save anything? Apparantly not,
as there are still -2 on stock. Nothing in the log.

Inventory reports are intended to be subject to separation of duties.  You have to search for the report, view it, and approve it.  The report snapshots onhand at the time inventory was entered so the adjustment is preserved over time.

Also, why are the parameters necessary for the import not present here
in the enter option?

How do ppl do stock inventory?

/kaare

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more