unmerged submoduleUI/js-src/ * when merging master as of this week

Hi,

Recently there was a tree restructure done on master to simplify Proxying and resolve some lingering unpleasantness with the layout.

For most people this won't cause any issues.
However IF you have any local copies of the tree that had the dojo source submodules checked out you will likely see the below errors when you try and merge the main repository into your's

I have a github repository with a collection of scripts I use to make development life easier on my system,
https://github.com/sbts/LedgerSMB-dev-scripts

I have added a script
    l-fix-submodules
to that repository and also attached it to this email

Also over the last month or so there have been some changes made to how we include the dodo libraries in our tree.
if you are using a clone of the git repository you will now find that there isn't any of the dojo src, nor a "built" (minified) version either.
To directly use the clone you will now need to
  • initialize the git submodules we use to provide the dojo src
  • build dojo

Information on doing this can be found in our new and improved README

Regards
David G

    ========================

    a 'git merge' would return
        Unmerged paths:
          (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)

        added by us:     UI/js-src/dijit
        added by us:     UI/js-src/dojo
        added by us:     UI/js-src/util

    and a 'git diff' would return

        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/dijit
        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/dojo
        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/util

    and a 'git submodule update'
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/dijit
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/dojo
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/util

    ========================
    To fix this we will try and run the following
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/digit
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/dojo
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/util/
        git submodule init
        git submodule update

#!/bin/bash

clear;

setD() {
    Dir=${1:-unknowDIR};
}

setD `git rev-parse --show-toplevel`

if [[ ! -d "$Dir/locale" ]]; then
    printf "\n\nERROR: you don't seem to be inside a LedgerSMB dir tree\n\n"
    exit
fi

#https://vector.im/develop/#/room/!qyoLumPqusaXqFJNyK:matrix.org/$1463855562363495UBgFA:matrix.org

cat <<EOF
    This script resolves errors when merging submodules after their dir location changed
    The error you would have seen after trying to merge from upstream would look like.....

        Unmerged paths:
          (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)

        added by us:     UI/js-src/dijit
        added by us:     UI/js-src/dojo
        added by us:     UI/js-src/util

    and a 'git diff' would return

        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/dijit
        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/dojo
        * Unmerged path UI/js-src/util

    and a 'git submodule update'
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/dijit
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/dojo
        Skipping unmerged submodule UI/js-src/util

    ========================
    To fix this we will try and run the following
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/digit
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/dojo
        git rm --cached UI/js-src/util/
        git submodule init
        git submodule update

EOF

read -p "Press enter to run the commands"

git rm --cached UI/js-src/digit
git rm --cached UI/js-src/dojo
git rm --cached UI/js-src/util/
git submodule init