Re: Trouble on Perl 5.18.4 on Fedora, running Plack

Hi,

Well you're using Fedora, that's your problem :-P

Just kidding...

I've been digging into Docker recently. I think I would suggest, once we have a pretty solid working environment, bundling that up into a Docker container we can distribute as a working container, for an alternative to normal CGI.

I think I would suggest bundling all the Perl, Starman, Perlbrew, etc into one container, and import environment variables to connect to Postgres outside the container.

Maybe we can even get Travis to rebuild the image for us...

With a Docker image, it doesn't matter what distribution we use as a base, it should run on any Linux (with docker installed, of course!) And now that templates are in the database, people shouldn't need to even change anything inside the container, right? (Ok, guess we need to figure out how to support server-side printing with this, and fix some of those check template bugs that still load from the demo templates).

We could bundle the other dependencies in there as well, the Tex, headless LibreOffice, etc.

Cheers,
John Locke
http://www.freelock.com