Recent findings regarding plack

Hi all;

I have been changing to a new laptop and normally LSMB installation is easy.  This time things really did not go well.

I am having significant issues with Plack support and I can imagine that many other users may as well.  The problems seem to stem almost entirely from our use of binmode.

In 1.5, we have dropped straight CGI support, so we have more flexibility to fix this.  But in 1.4, we have some difficulties here.  I have made some changes that allow me to get to the login page but I cannot yet login.  I hope to have that solved today.

I think we may need to keep cgi support only for old code and move new code onto pure psgi.  Does anyone have a strong opinion on that?

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more