How to run Travis CI tests locally?

I've filed a number of github pull requests as proposed fixes to bugs I
have filed on Sourceforge.

I'd welcome any feedback or criticism that can help make my patches more
useful or easier to apply.

My most recent pull request 621 has failed a Travis CI test. Is there a
way in which I can run these tests locally? I tried running `make test` on
my local machine, but as that reports all tests passed, it seems these are
different tests.

Many thanks,

Nick