View on Dancer

Hi everyone;

I have had a chance to use Dancer now in the under-development admin console.  In general, I like it.

What it buys us is a basic web services framework and a URL mapping framework.and an abstraction layer over HTTP that we can use in our applications generally.

For the admin console I have the basic work done for use more broadly in LedgerSMB.

On the whole I am very happy with the way it abstracts the details of the HTTP environment away and gives us control over the portions of our application we want to control ourselves.

I am happy recommending Dancer at present, and I know that our authentication and other work can work well with the framework and we will in fact be less constrained in our architectural choices by moving to it rather than more.

If we go this route, my recommendation is:

1.  Remove the top-level .pl files in 1.5.  Dynamically decide which handler to run like the current LedgerSMB::PSGI does.  This means we would be stuck with Plack (cgi, psgi, etc).

2.  Use LedgerSMB::PSGI to integrate Dancer and non-Dancer code in our application.

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more