Re: Post 1.4.0 projects

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Pongrácz István <..hidden..> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Sounds good.

I am interesting about the 2nd point.  If you will have same specific details, please let me know. Thanks.

My plan is to write an app on Dancer which provides upgrade, rebuild, and management functions similar to the current setup.pl but:

1.  Would support multiple major versions of LedgerSMB (1.3, 1.4, etc)
2.  Provide a web services interface for statistics, version, user info, etc. for LSMB
3.  Provide backup and restore facilities as well.

The plan is to build this as a console that would be useful in an environment with many more dbs than the average small installation, and would be automation-friendly.  It would also be a way to get familiar with Dancer and what is needed to move parts of our codebase onto that framework.

Cheers,

István

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 05:52:59 -0700

Hi everyone;

I wanted to let folks know what my post-1.4.0 priorities are likely to be outside of spending some time on weekdays on maintenance.  These are listed here in rough order of priority.

1.  Integration module for CentiPOS.  I expect to support 1.3 and 1.4.
2.  Next generation db administration application for LedgerSMB 1.3+
3.  The financial rewrite.

Want excitement?
When you want reliability, choose Perforce.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more