[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
starting work on better EU VAT support
- Subject: starting work on better EU VAT support
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:36:45 -0700
We need this for Efficito, so I expect to start on this shortly (in parallel with the rental module). I expect that this will work with 1.3 and 1.4.
The major reason for this is that VAT seems to have some complexities that simple tax handling can't get at. It looks like some things become taxable in some cases based on what else is on the invoice. Additionally there are at least three VAT-related states an invoice can be in based on customer's location. The VAT module should give us at least a starting point for this.
My initial target is to support the following cases for the first release of the module (which can then be merged back into 1.3):
1. Handle intra-country, vs intra-EU, vs to non-EU countries
2. Allow invoice templates to add different boilerplate depending on the location of the customer.
Any feedback on this as a beginning stage?
Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.