Re: sending email via lsmb

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 04:40:51 -0800

> Definitely and this is supported now.

You mean, via ledgersmb.conf ?

> You mean adding this sort of thing to the System/Defaults screen?

Technically yes.

> I am not quite sure how best to do this.  There are a couple obstacles to doing this right now.  The big one is that the emails are sent at times there is no db connection (like for example backups).  This could be addressed but there isn't a simple, central solution to the problem.

Ok, clear, this could be a problem.

My recommendation would be to start on trunk after 1.4 branches off.  There's no reason a patch couldn't be created before.

For existing systems, in shared environment (where only one filesystem installation serves many users) it could be a workaround to setup the local MTA to use different relays with auth for different senders. This does not affect the existing installation, but needs more configuration in the MTA level.

Cheers,

István