What to do about accidental inclusion of Carp::Always

Hi;

In 1.4 I have removed hard dependencies on Data::Dumper but have not removed it from the list of requirements.  I am finding it seems relatively common that Carp::Always gets included by accident. At this point Data::Dumper and Carp::Always are mostly used for debugging.

The question is what we want to do about it.  Do we want to say that these two widely available modules are now dependencies?  Or do we want to have release tests that ensure they are not included?

From a support perspective, I am thinking having them as dependencies makes a lot of sense.  It makes it very easy to enable stack dumps for error messages and perhaps in 1.5 we could even do this as a configuration option.  It also makes the code a bit more reliable in the sense that if something gets missed users don't get internal server errors.

What do other folk think?

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml