LaTeX escaping in 1.4

Hi;

I am looking into LaTeX escaping in 1.4.  There is a CPAN module that handles this but it doesn't seem to work without patching.  The module is LaTeX::Encode.

I would like to propose that for 1.4, unless this is resolved and tested in both Debian repo versions and the main CPAN distribution point, that we ship a patched version of the code that we maintain.

Any objection?

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml