Re: After 1.4, looking towards baby steps to 2.0

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> 2.  Break off simple, mature functionality in Perl modules into CPAN
> modules.  This would focus on a stable API, better backwards compatibility,
> etc.

   I'll try to keep an eye for any of those as they became available,
so I can see about getting them into Debian.

> Here are the impacts I could see for packagers:
>
> 1.  Packagers might want to package the extensions

    Not sure how that would be done, though I did find that the pgxn
command line client itself is already available in Debian
(pgxnclient)...

> and cpan modules

    I'd already started on packaging those for Debian/Ubuntu, and will
continue to work on them as they become available. (Hope to have that
initial set of module packaging finished in the not so distant
future...)