Re: Proposal for LedgerSMB 1.5: Move to Pg 9.2 and use JSON for extended attributes

    Chris> It occurs to me that JSON support can be added as an extension for
    Chris> PostgreSQL 9.1.   Is there any objection to saying "PostgreSQL 9.2
    Chris> recommended, 9.1 supported with JSON extension?"  (this would
    Chris> be for LSMB 1.5)

I don't think it will be an issue.
I think that most people wilkl move to postgresql 9.2 rather than use
the backport.

pgapt.debian.net includes 9.2 for both squeeze and wheezy, and debian
itself has 9.2 in experimental.
By the time you come out with a 1.5, that will be stock.

]     ..hidden..  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [