Re: Proposal for LedgerSMB 1.5: Move to Pg 9.2 and use JSON for extended attributes

Reviving this yet again.

It occurs to me that JSON support can be added as an extension for PostgreSQL 9.1.   Is there any objection to saying "PostgreSQL 9.2 recommended, 9.1 supported with JSON extension?"  (this would be for LSMB 1.5)

The major issue with  9.1 is that the extension doesn't appear on pgxn.  I had to download the source from bitbucket as a tarball of latest source, but it could be downloaded via git as well.

The extension code (basically a backport of the functionality from 9.2) is available at https://bitbucket.org/adunstan/json_91