Re: 1.4 beta 1

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM, ario <..hidden..> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-12-24 at 21:41 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM, ario <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>         Ok, as I'm intending to use VMs for lsmb and to freshly make
>         new ones
>         for every upgrade, I won't need LTS OSs like Ubuntu or CentOS.
>         So I better decide to go with Fedora for now.
>

> FWIW I think a simple rpmbuild --rebuild on the .src.rpm is sufficient
> for CENTOS.

Yes, that worked.

CentOS has the 'old' PostgreSQL 8.4 in its repository.
Convenient nstructions to get v. 9.2 are here:
http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2012/install-postgresql-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/

Both 9.2 and 8.4 should be supported for 1.4.  1.5 will almost certainly bump things up to 9.1 for maintenance reasons though.

CentOS basic install through the netinstall.iso doesn't include the
rpmbuild package, which--contrary to what one might think--cannot be
installed using
  $ sudo yum install rpmbuild
but needs some time to find out that the package's name is 'rpm-build'.
</ramble>

>   There isn't anything really distro-specific so the issues are all
> RPM version issues.

Plus the fact that without enabling the so called EPEL repository, not
all the perl modules can be 'yum install'-ed.
See:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/06/enable-epel-repository/

  $ sudo yum localinstall
~/rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch/ledgersmb-1.4.0-1.noarch.rpm

completed successfully and I found the ledgersmb dir in /usr/share.
Configuration will follow later.

So, where can I dump the rebuilt noarch.rpm for CentOS 6.3?

If you want to email it to me, I can sign it and put it up on Sourceforge.

Would you be interested in doing CentOS packaging?

ario