Re: Proposal for 1.4: Removing taxable sales/non-taxable sales reports, consolidate under AR/AP Search

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
On 12/13/2012 06:05 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
I actually do use the taxable sales report, though as long as there is
some easy way to get a total of taxable products sold and total tax
collected, happy to use another approach.

My current approach is to basically allow one to search on taxable sales by any or all tax accounts.  Currently what this means is you can get the invoice total of taxable sales for any given tax account (same as the tax collected report) plus the tax collected on any and all.  The only difference is one would go through the Search AR/AP screen to do it.  This would be one thing to get feedback on during beta.

Well, the invoice total of taxable sales is actually pretty useless to me. What I need is the total taxable sales.

IIRC, in the taxable sales report I need to use the "Detail" instead of Summary to get this -- the amount of taxable products on each invoice, rather than the invoice total that contains taxable products.

As long as there's a straightforward way to get that taxable total amount reported by any time period, I'm good...

Let's work out the details during the beta phase.  Basically I have two concerns here.

The first is that our tracking of sales tax became more sophisticated in 1.3 with the manual tracking options, and that we may really want to expose this for reports, and secondly, we may want to further discuss what will go into a quality report there.

With the new reporting framework a new report can be added quickly and easily once we settle on the SQL used to generate it and not disturb anything else.