[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Site content improvements: FAQ items, Statement of direction, Architecture documentation
- Subject: Site content improvements: FAQ items, Statement of direction, Architecture documentation
- From: Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 21:55:48 +0200
Next step site improvements:
* Today I went through some FAQ items. Many can have more descriptive titles and have the english cleaned up. The content of many items looks a bit out of context, ie could use a good introduction of the problem the item is actually providing an answer for.
* The statement of direction could probably be rewritten a bit, starting with a vision instead of our history (i.e. the fact that we're a fork from SQL-Ledger), then enumerating the different areas treated later in the page.
* I'm thinking we should probably create a Book to describe everything that comes with our architecture, coding guidelines, etc, etc. The book structure allows for a nice hierarchical structure of documentation, grouping related subjects into chapters. This book would contain the target architecture:
- design layers (including graphics)
- role description of the layers
- description of the source tree (as a mapping from the design/role structure)
The history of each item is logged and can be reverted back to. So nobody should feel the need to hold back on editing FAQ items or proposing a new structure for the statement of direction (or other parts of the site).